Aiolis Region Phokaia Tour (Aiolis Foca Daily Excursion)
Start City : Izmir Ports, Izmir Hotels, Izmir Airport.
End City : Izmir Ports, Izmir Hotels, Izmir Airport.
Scheduled / Operates on : Jan 1st 2019 - Dec 31st 2019: Daily
Tour Highlights : (Aiolis Region Phokaia Tour) (Foca guide)
Departure from Izmir Airport, Izmir Harbour - Port, Izmir Hotels
Remains of Temple of Athena and Sanctuary of Cybele, an open-air theater, Seytan Hamami, Five Gates Castle, Kayalar Mosque, Wind Mills. The price includes the entrance fees, professional licensed guide and private air conditioned vehicle. ( 0-6 aged children are FREE).
Aiolis Foca Daily Excursion Tour
Aiolis Region Phokaia tour (Aiolis Foca Daily Excursion)Remains of Temple of Athena and Sanctuary of Cybele, an open-air theater, Seytan Hamami, Five Gates Castle, Kayalar Mosque, Wind Mills.
Duration: Approximately 6,5 hours. Daily departures. Private tour is available.
Available: All Year around.
Departure: Transportation from Izmir Airport or Cesme to Izmir Hotels or Izmir Port.
Includes: Guided Tour to Phokaia (Foca) city Sanctuary of Cybele, an open-air theater, Seytan Hamami, Five Gates Castle, Kayalar Mosque, Wind Mills.
Professional licensed tour guide, all entrance fees, private air-conditioned transportation and VAT.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
No extra hidden charges
Aiolis Region Phokaia ( Aiolis Foca Daily Excursion ) Tour
About Phokaia: Foca (Phokaia) is a small town on the Aegean Sea, located 70 kilometers north of Izmir. It attracts the people because of its natural beauties, crystal clear water, small coves, and the climate. Phokaia was one of the 12 Ionian cities and its name was mentioned in Homer's epic The Odyssey with the Sirens' Rocks.
Phocaea had two natural harbours with some small islands around
Phocaea remained independent until the reign of the Lydian king Croesus (circa 560–545 BC), when they fell under Lydian control and then, along with Lydia were conquered by Cyrus the Great of Persia in 546 BC, in one of the opening skirmishes of the great Greco-Persian conflict. Rather than submit to Persian rule, the Phocaeans abandoned their city. In 500 BC, Phocaea joined the Ionian Revolt against Persia. The Ionian fleet was defeated and the revolt ended shortly thereafter.
Archeological excavations in Foca started in the early 1900's, which until today unearthed several monuments from the Archaic, Hellenic and Roman periods.
Remains of Temple of Athena and Sanctuary of Cybele, an open-air theater, Seytan Hamami, Five Gates Castle, Kayalar Mosque, Wind Mills.
- Pick up from your hotel or harbor in Izmir and driving to Phokaia with your guide.
- Visit the Seytan hamami (Devil’s Baths) - a tomb cut out of the rock at the foot of Can Hill, dating back to the 4th century BC.
- Visit the Wind mills - built mainly in the 19th century and some of them were in function until 1960's.
- The Five Gates Caste - built by Genoese, repairs were carried out between 1538 - 1539 by Silahtar Iskender Aga, woodsman of the Sultan Mustafa Han who was the son of Suleyman the Magnificent. The castle had also a boat house which is used as an open air theater today and the wall was restored in 1983 and 1994.
- The remains of Athena temple - was built in the 6th century BC on a rock platform overlooking the city, and that her statue was made of wood in a sitting position. The temple was destroyed by the Persians in the 6th century BC and finally by a big fire in the 5th century BC.
- The remains of the theater which is supposed to have the capacity of 2400 seats.
- Kayalar Mosque - built in the 15th or 16th century by the Ottomans.
- Break for lunch – there is a lot of different restaurants to choose from. We recommend you the sea food, as it is served fresh daily.
- Free time at the city to walk around, have a coffee, buy some souvenirs and do some shopping.
- Departure back to Izmir.
The price includes:
- Professional licensed English speaking guide throughout the tour.
- All entrance and parking fees.
- Private air - conditioned non-smoking vehicle with the driver.
- Transportation from Izmir to Phokaia and back.Mobility Scooter for disabled and elder guests.
For the first time in Kusadasi, Izmir and Cesme, our mobility scooters are at your disposal during the daily Aiolis Region Phokaia tour, especially for our disabled guests or those who have walking difficulties. We offer this service for the full day Foca tour to all of our customers with disabilities and elder people with walking problems. You just start the mobility scooter up and can visit the Aiolis Region Phokaia or the New Foca city without ant problems together with your tour guide.
The only thing you need to do is to let us know about this special request while making the tour reservation. While picking you up from Izmir or Izmir ports, our mobility scooter, being collapsible, will wait for you in the back of the mini van. And you will be able to make your tour with all the comfort and without getting tired! If you look at the pictures below, you will see how comfortable and safe the mobility scooter is, especially for your full day or private Phokaia (Foca) tour.